Animal Supplement / Veterinary Health Products
Companies are required to notify their VHPs to Health Canada:
- At least 30 days before selling a VHP in Canada.
- At least 30 days before making a change to a VHP that is already notified in Canada.
- Before importing a VHP into Canada.
- Companies are required to report any serious adverse drug reactions to Health Canada
At GNHP Consulting, we can assist you to obtain Notification Numbers for your Veterinary Health Products. The services that we provide are:
- Product Formulations.
- Product Classification – food/ VHP, Homeopathic etc.
- We verify that the ingredients are on the list of permitted substances. If not we can guide you on how to request that your special ingredient be added on the list.
- We will prepare your applications and submit them to the Veterinary Drugs Directorate (VDD).
- We also offer representation in Canada and will handle adverse events Reporting and Recalls if those situations arise.
In Canada, Food and Drug Regulations made some changes in 2017 that permit the importation and sale of Veterinary Health Products (VHPs) in Canada provided the following rules are met:
- Manufacturers are required to follow the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) in the Natural Health Products Regulations;
- All active, homeopathic and traditional medicine substances used to make a VHP (in accordance with any applicable conditions) are as described on the list of Permitted substances (List C: Veterinary Health Products).
Product labels be:
- Include the statement "Veterinary Health Product / Produit de santé animale".
- Follow the labelling rules of the Food and Drug Regulations.
- Include any applicable mandatory label statements as described on List C.